Have you had questions regarding juvenile law that were left unanswered? Have you wondered what the juvenile court judges deem most effective when appearing in their courtrooms? Are you interested in hearing from youth who are directly impacted by the daily decisions made by practitioners and judges on their behalf? Well, the Juvenile Representation CLE scheduled for Friday, May 12, 2017 at the Cary Bar Center is just for you!!! The first fifteen (15) Juvenile Justice & Children’s Rights Section Members who register BEFORE May 5, 2017 will receive an additional rebate which will lower the registration fee. Please consider attending – here’s the link!
This CLE will provide attendees with effective strategies for juvenile representation from practitioners in the field, juvenile judges, and youth impacted by contact with the juvenile justice system. Key topics covered will include:
- Practical suggestions from experienced attorneys handling cases in abuse, neglect, and dependency court
- Judges’ examples of effective advocacy from their experiences in juvenile court
- Perspectives from youth who were formerly involved in the juvenile delinquency and child welfare systems
- A look back at the meaning of In re Gault after 50 years
- Dealing with stress and trauma from handling difficult juvenile cases