Register Now for Emerging Issues in Juvenile Court (2016 Juvenile Justice and Children’s Rights Section Annual Meeting) in Cary on Thursday, May 19, 2016!
The program features experienced speakers from throughout the state, including district court judges, juvenile defenders, prosecutors, and state bar attorneys. They will address emerging issues that cover a wide variety of juvenile law topics, including:
- The new concurrent planning law in child welfare cases
- Preventing school suspensions for juveniles with special education needs
- Post-disposition advocacy tools for juvenile defenders
- Keeping older juveniles out of court through misdemeanor diversion programs
- Addressing ethical dilemmas in juvenile court
For Juvenile Justice and Children’s Rights Section Members, The discounted tuition rate of $155 is still available for the first 25 JJ&CR Section Members who register by May 12th.